Friday, May 11, 2012

In :30 Seconds, IE9 Goes From Pretty Good, to Beautiful, Alive, Artistic, Revolutionary, Fluid and Amazingly Fast.

I saw this ad running on TV this week.  I stopped to watch it. Not just because of the ad itself, but also because of how much of a divergence it was from some IE9 ads that I saw a month or so back.  WOW. Not only is IE9 pretty good, it's the most beautiful, amazing, revolutionary, dub-stepping-est browser available!



And in a more epic longer format...

When trying to change perceptions of something as functional and abstract as a web browser I think its really important for brands to work hard to integrate the browser itself into the ad idea (particularly in Canada!). As cute as Officer Cupcake was... I don't think the previous IE9 work  really achieved this. These new ads are a great step in the right direction.


However, they are a far cry from the current Chrome spot.  In my mind, Google's current braodcast ads really encapsulate the idea of integrating an abstract product into a emotional narrative...

/cry

No comments:

Post a Comment